Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Halloween


It's that time of the year again. As the 31st of October draws nearer, people begin decorating,buying candy, making costumes, and watching scary movies. I have never been a huge fan of scary movies; or so I thought. When I was 8 years old I watched SCREAM for the first time, and it ruined me. I didn't even get the whole way through, stopping after that indelible image of Drew Barrymore hanging by her intestine from her tree. I had never seen anything like it, and although I was no longer able to go to the basement or garage by myself, or sleep in total darkness, I found myself consistently drawn to these scary movies. I couldn't figure out why I would return to these movies that so utterly terrified me that I would embarrassingly ask to sleep with Mom and Dad, or to keep a night light on in my room, at all times. I realized, that despite the sleepless nights, the pure adrenaline rush I experienced while watching these movies was to be found nowhere else. It was like a drug. I just kept on scaring myself witless. So, in order to celebrate Halloween along with every other movie blog on the internet, starting Friday our posts will be related to something Halloween-y. Whether it be a feature on the next film in our top 10 horror movie countdown, a preview of an upcoming scary flick, or a fun little comparison/editorial/actor feature, all will be posted in an attempt to make your Halloween movie experience a fun and frightful one.

- Popcorn

No comments: