Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lovely Trailer Music

I am an avid watcher of movie trailers. I love them. In fact, the only reason why I make it to the movie theatre on time is so that I don't miss the trailers. 2 minutes of condensed romance, action, comedy, horror, etc. set to catchy music and with spitfire editing. I dig it. In fact, these days a lot of my love for trailers is attributed to the music selection. The other day I watched the trailer for the remake of Wes Craven's "The Last House on the Left". I loved Bergman's "The Virgin Spring" and so was itching to see Wes Craven's 1972 version of the ol' Swedish ballad, but have yet to find it anywhere. When I heard that it was to be remade I became wary. Not because I have any sort of loyalty to the original, as I've yet to see it, but because these horror remakes generally pale in comparison to the originals, and even when not being compared side-by-side, tend to be severely lacking in terms of quality film-making. After watching the trailer for the remake, however, I found myself itching to see it. Those clever little trailer editing folk used a lovely cover of Sweet Child o' Mind by Guns N' Roses by Swedish pop/folk singer Taken by Trees. What a beautiful, beautiful choice! It's certainly not an original idea to have the carnage and brutality of these horrific events heightened by having them juxtaposed next to a sweet, innocent, classic song (in fact, I'm under the impression that Wes Craven's film featured light and fun songs), but this particular song couldn't have been better selected in my opinion. I won't say much more, but post the video and a couple of other trailers where I was taken in by the music.









-Popcorn

No comments: